Competition:Closed when it comes to 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only institutions that are canadian submit applications on the behalf of applicants. They might decide to set their very own interior due date to receive supporting documents.
Description: The growing Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America and also the Caribbean with short-term exchange possibilities for study or research, in Canada, during the university, undergraduate and levels that are graduate.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements between Canadian and Latin American or institutions that are caribbean. These agreements are made between colleges, technical or vocational organizations and universities. Pupils, hereby known as “candidates”, should be registered as full-time pupils within their house organization during the time of application and through the whole timeframe of the research or research remain in Canada.
Canadian institutions that are post-secondary
Canadian organizations are:
- accountable for publishing applications on the behalf of qualified prospects from organizations in Latin America together with Caribbean; and
- Encouraged to promote this scholarship opportunity to staff and faculty people, in addition to to partner institutions in Latin America and also the Caribbean.
Canadian institutions with effective applicants:
- should recognize a solitary individual accountable for the management regarding the share contract and someone else with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share money from worldwide Affairs Canada tsdates review to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Prospects enthusiastic about this scholarship system should contact their property organization to:
- make their attention understood;
- determine if there clearly was a preexisting collaboration that is institutional trade contract with a Canadian organization; and
- demand information regarding the applying procedure and selection requirements certain towards the Canadian organization and offer any extra information, such as for instance transcripts, language test outcomes, a study project and an enrollment type for an trade system.
Chosen applicants ought to:
- make sure that they match the demands for the Canadian organization including educational demands and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and stick to the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the institution that is canadiangenerally speaking a report permit is necessary for program work and a work license is needed for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits with their house organization just as their courses that are canadian been identified; and
- contact alumni of this system through their house organization for advice and a neighborhood viewpoint on the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are required to come back to accomplish their studies at their property organizations upon conclusion of this scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- talk to partner organizations in Canada to ensure or explore collaborations that are institutional pupil trade agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their international workplaces;
- recognize strong scholastic applicants whom meet with the admission needs for the partner institution that is canadian
- offer the prospects’ papers to your Canadian partner organization, that is accountable for publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to achieve extra linguistic training, scholastic upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship value and length
Funding for ELAP scholarships is created available by Global Affairs Canada through its appropriate name: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The Canadian organization will get capital from DFATD for several effective applicants by means of a share contract and will also be in charge of supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs according to the extent and degree of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for at the least four months or one educational term of research or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to half a year of research or research.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian institutions will disburse scholarship funds to your scholarship receiver to play a role in the following costs:
- visa and/or study/work license costs;
- airfare, when it comes to scholarship receiver just, to Canada because of the many direct and affordable path and return airfare upon conclusion for the scholarship;
- medical health insurance;
- cost of living, such as for example accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- publications and materials necessary for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems as well as other gear.
Re Payment procedure
Susceptible to the stipulations of this Contribution Agreement, money are going to be disbursed by way of a cheque given into the Canadian organization upon getting listed here papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority during the Canadian organization and the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted by the institution that is canadian coincide because of the arrival regarding the scholarship recipients to Canada.